Has 2015 been a little “same again” on your work and career front? Then it’s time to evaluate your career capability, identify and target some new skill development and hatch a plan that will see you step forward and position yourself for career advancement or the change you desire.
Here is 5 quick tips to get you started:
1. Why wait for a new year to start creating a plan that defines your career purpose and vision and supports you to grow your confidence and work with your strengths. Start now.
2. Get to work on your values and vision and assess any gap areas where what you are doing or spending time on doesn’t align with your core values.
3. Identify your strengths and gap areas. Are you using your strengths in your work and career? Highlight your best abilities and think through how you showcase them in your work.
4. Brainstorm some options of how you might best use your capabilities at work to increase you career satisfaction and confidence. New projects, new ideas or a different mix of work may be an option.
5. Believe that this is within your control, the career satisfaction and success you seek is within your reach if you take a positive stance to build and execute a clear plan to seek work opportunities, develop your skills and create a pathway to success .